Last week my Tuesday List of Ten enumerated 10 of my pet peeves. People who commented on my list contributed pet peeves of their own. I am using their items for my list this week. Any of these items could easily be included on my original list but ten things is enough to complain about at one time.
Pet Peeves V. 2.0
- Drivers not using blinkers.
- Stopping at a light and not turning when there is a green arrow.
- People who get mad at me when I do that very thing (see #2).
- The downward spiral of the quality of things.
- Packaging that you can’t get into, and you don’t have a knife or scissors handy.
- Terrible grammar in ads and news broadcasts.
- People who wait until all their groceries are bagged and the checker has told them what they owe before they get out their wallet to get their credit card and/or cash.
- When you want to turn left at an arrow, but there isn’t enough room to squeeze between the median and the car in front of you, who is sitting 3 car lengths behind the car in front of him.
- Being stopped at a red light in the right lane at an intersection marked “No right turn on red” and having cars behind you honking because you are not turning on the red light.
- And an additional pet peeve of my own because this seems to be the story of my life this week: a computer that randomly freezes and stops working and displays random error messages that this non-techy does not understand.