Many craft people who I know have old projects that were started a long time ago but got pushed to the side in favor of other projects. My oldest such project is from 2002. In March of this year as the weather turned warm and I was thinking of spring, I remembered this design of two rabbits with a flower pot. I brought my project out of hiding. On March 28, I published a post about the project named Hide and Seek – An Unfinished Object.
Back in 2002 I had messed up in counting stitches in the left hand center area of the design beneath the back of the bunny and above the edge of the flower pot. It was a complicated part of the design and I was having trouble finding my way to correcting the design. I needed a break from it so I set it aside in favor of other projects.
This spring I decided to resume my work on it and last updated my progress on April 18 in Saturday Spring Snow and A Stitching Post.I made up my mind that I would not start another project until I had finished this one. Progress has been slow. Because of the level of detail it required intense concentration. At times when I otherwise might be stitching that I just couldn’t face up to the level of detail involved. I ended up not stitching as often as I normally would have.
With my stitching on July 4, the top half of the design was completed. That felt like a bit of a milestone.
A Close-up of Progress on July 10, 2015
Part of the thrill for a stitcher is watching the design evolve. The second bunny in the design is taking shape. After all the cross stitches are completed, top stitching will be added to define features of the design.
This weekend I hope to find much stitching time so that I can make significant progress. The next project is waiting in the wings but I have to stick to my resolution to finish this one before I start another one.
[Project Details: Hide and Seek from For the Love of Cross Stitch, May 2001. Design worked on 32 count antique white linen using 2 strands of DMC floss over 2 fabric threads.]