I am a dog owner and a dog lover. After introducing my dogs on a Sunday post “In the Dog House”, it seems appropriate that this week’s list relates to dogs.
In this Tuesday List of Ten I choose to share my favorite quotes about dogs.
- No man can be condemned for owning a dog. As long as he has a dog, he has a friend; and the poorer he gets, the better friend he has. –Will Rogers
- Dogs and people come into your life as blessings or lessons. We learn things from both but honestly, dogs have taught me much more about being a better person than people ever have. –C. Goethe
- No one can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned by a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection by the flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes. –Gene Hill
- We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made. –Margery Facklam
- Dogs are not our whole lives but they make our lives whole. –Roger Caras
- One reason that a dog is such a lovable creature is his tail wags instead of his tongue. –Unknown
- I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source. –Doris Day
- My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am. –Paul Dunn
- One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you’re feeling blue is that he doesn’t try to find out why. –Unknown
- Old dogs, like old shoes, are comfortable. They might be just a bit out of shape and a little worn around the edges but they fit well. –Bonnie Wilcox
Do you have a favorite dog quote?
Celebrating Dogs, another thread of my life.
Attributing quotes to the correct source can be a challenge. Different sources attribute quotes differently. This list attempts to be accurate, but I cannot guarantee that the source of each quote is correct.