The Top Ten Things Not on My Bucket List
Developing a bucket list is somewhat in vogue these days. I do not have a specific list of things that I want to do while I am still on this earth. However, I do have several things that I know I definitely do not want to do. Ever. For everyone who has these things on their bucket list I wish you luck and I hope you have every opportunity to successfully accomplish them. I just won’t be joining you. With every apology to those who have aspirations to do these things, you will never find me doing the following:
- Bungee Jumping – I am afraid of heights and could not force myself to bungee jump.
- Sky Diving – See #1.
- Raising Chickens – I have never gotten over my fear of chickens after terrible childhood experiences with roosters. (See The Attack Rooster)
- Driving a Race Car – I don’t need speed in my life and would be a nervous wreck.
- Swimming with Sharks – I never learned to swim and if I were to learn I would not do it with sharks.
- Running for Public Office – I am an introvert and the campaigning would be impossible for me.
- Running a Marathon – My poor arthritic knees would be tortured.
- Getting Married Again – I loved being married but now that I am widowed I also love my independent life.
- Being on a Reality TV Show – I love watching many reality TV shows such as Survivor and Amazing Race, but I never in a million years would want to expose myself to some of the incredible things contestants are required to do..
- Chase a Tornado – Tornadoes scare me to death. They can be so destructive and I would choose to stay as far away from one as possible. The same thing goes for hurricanes, cyclones and other violent weather events.
What are things that would never be on your bucket list? See other Top Ten Tuesday lists here.