I am far overdue in recognizing the wonderful blog Grubbs ‘n Critters. It is one of the first blogs with which I connected when I started blogging in January. Ann is a long time blogger who touches on a wide variety of topics in her very interesting blog. I love her tag line, “Life is what happens when you are making other plans.” How true that is. Visit her blog and see all that she offers the blogging community.
My recognition of Ann results from her nominating my blog for the Very Inspiring Blogging Award. Awkwardly I must state although the nomination gives me the excuse to mention her, I dot need an excuse. I love her blog. I must find another way to recognize great blogs without tying it to acceptance of an award that I may or may not be deserving of. I think it is wonderful for blogging support to be recognized by others, but for me the significance is not so much in the award but in the opportunity it provides to mention other wonderful blogs that we have discovered.
In the spirit of building the blogging community for myself an others I accept the nomination and follow the established rules:
- Display the award on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them, and notify them about their nominations.
Seven facts about me:
- I have worked for the same public sector employer for 28 years, in different positions and different locations, and have always found the job to be stimulating and interesting.
- I was 33 years old when I got married for the one and only time.
- I used to walk one mile every morning when I first got up with my loyal and trusty yellow Labrador retriever. That ended when I tore a meniscus on one of those walks.
- With apologies to those who are experiencing a harsh winter, I absolutely love viewing pictures of snowy landscapes.
- I cannot stand bullying in any way, shape or form.
- I have never had a broken bone but age has caused me to have serious arthritis issues in my knees.
- I am a lover of books and bookstores. I own a large number of books that I have not yet read. I have a huge struggle with resisting the urge to purchase more books.
I will now list 15 blogs that I visit and that I love. I am nominating them for this award because they are deserving of the recognition. My goal is to spread the blogging love and help them increase traffic to their blogs. Check them out. If they choose not to accept the award, I completely understand but I hope the fact that they are are mentioned here will send some blog traffic their way. I am including their taglines which says a lot about what the blog is about, and I also include a brief statement of what is found on each blog, admitting that it is difficult to do justice to each blog in a brief statement.
And the nominations (in no particular order) are:
- Laissez Faire — Letting Life Lead. What a great tagline that is. I recently discovered her blog and I love the wide variety of topics and easy read style.
- Walking My Path – Mindful Wanderings in Nature. This blogger is a psychotherapist and a naturalist. Her blog includes the most beautiful photography and wonderful essays. I absolutely love her list of happiness triggers.
- Simple Life – At Least That’s What I’m Going For. A young woman writer and Toastmaster who includes short stories, flash fiction and posts about random but interesting topics. She has been blogging longer than most of my nominees.
- Badfish Out of Water – Travel photos, memoirs & letters home…from everywhere in the world. A worldwide photo blog. He gets nominated here because his blog is good but also because I didn’t nominate him for the Sisterhood of the Blogger award.
- It’s Me, Amy K. Hall —A Little Blog of Betterment. Her story touches my heart. Visit for thought provoking inspiration.
- Thoughts and Things – A Documentation of Learning: Past, Present and Future. She lives on a boat! Anyone who starts their “About” page with a Henry David Thoreau quote deserves a Look See.
- Homemade Naturally – Join My Journey. A wonderful blog with varied DIY projects as well as inspirational posts. Her post about fostering is beautiful and to me indicates how special she is.
- Quantum Hermit – A Life Unfolding. This is another blog that I have just discovered with a great variety of posts. I was won over by a USA post where she selected YouTube songs by Billy Joel, Peter, Paul and Mary, Elvis, and Willie Nelson to tell the story, and then I read other intriguing posts.
- Day by Day – “That’s our lot in life. It’s not a lot, but it’s a life.” –A Bug’s Life. A blog with great quotes and interesting analysis of life. If the tag line is a quote from A Bug’s Life she has to be on to something.
- Your Invisible Touch – Writing for My Life. This blogger has a diverse set of interests and she writes a poetry blog with so much more including quotes and photos. She states she is searching for her purpose in life and wondering where she is going.
- CharidaRose’s Blog – Faith, Photography and Random Thoughts. She is another fairly new blogger who is determining the direction of her blog. She has many, diverse interests and she strives for an interactive readership.
- Bittersweet Serendipity – Living a Happy Life on Purpose. A very young blog with an upbeat, positive inspiring message that you can choose happiness.
- Charlotte Johnson – Reading Me: Through My Experiences. Her deep faith is obvious in what she chooses to write about and also touches other parts of life. Check out “Please Reverse This Creation.” It should not be missed.
- Taking One Stitch at a Time – “All My Scattering Moments Are Taken Up With My Needle” Ellen Birdseye Wheaton. I am a stitcher and I absolutely must include some stitching blogs in my list of nominees.
- Storm’s Stitches – Blackwork Embroidery Designs. More cross stitch love. If you need inspiration to work on a project, even if it is not stitching, take a look at her work.
Nominees: I find each of your blogs to be wonderful in unique ways. Accept the award if you would like, but feel no obligation. At the very least I hope your blog will receive traffic because of the nomination.