I am humbled to be nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Amie Writes. If you have not checked out her blog you need to. She writes beautiful, touching prose! I was particularly moved by her post Letting Go which inspired my post Grieving Woman.
Thank you very much for the nomination, Amie. Because so much of blogging is about building a community I happily accept the award in large part to be able to share links to some blogs that I like but that are fairly new and to which I would be like to be able to send some traffic.
The rules of this award are as follows: Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site, put the award logo on your blog, answer the ten questions sent to you, make a list of ten questions for your nominees and nominate seven blogs.
The questions posed to me along with my answers:
1. Why did you start blogging? I was looking for new, meaningful ways to engage my time once I retire so I thought I’d give this a try. I think I am addicted already.
2. Which is your favorite among your blog posts? Why? 93,100 Stitches of Love. It is the post that has generated the most views and it is about something near and dear to my heart.
3. Who/What inspires most of your blog posts? My inspiration comes from anything and everything. Because my blog is very random, almost anything that I come in contact with could inspire the next post.
4. What are your dreams and goals for your blog? I am mostly doing this for myself, but if I touch or influence someone positively along the way that is a huge bonus.
5. What do you want to accomplish this year? I hope to continue down the road of happiness and well-being which for me includes deepening my faith and spirituality.
6. What is your favorite book? Why? This is really hard for me to answer because I am a voracious reader and the last book I finished is usually my favorite. There are so many different genres to enjoy. I most recently read the Longmire series by Craig Johnson and I enjoyed them. But the most read book for me is the Bible, so in the sense that the favorite book must be the most read one, then it must be the Bible.
7. What brings you joy? The list is very long: babies, my family, completion of a long project, completion of a tough project no matter how long, rekindling connections with lost friends, resolving an issue or a dispute, participating in Mass, a gentle snowfall, helping someone in need….Gosh, this might have to be the topic of another post because I could go on and on.
8. Describe yourself in 3 words. Introverted, responsible, pensive
9. Now tell us what 3 words your friends would use to describe you.
Humorous, loyal, dependable
10. How long have you been blogging? 20 days – I really am new at this and don’t know where this will take me.
The seven blogs I nominate: This is the hardest part of this assignment because I am very new to the blogging community. I have been looking at a ton of blogs on a multitude of different topics and interests. I have really liked many, many of them because I myself have such a wide variety of interests. But unfortunately as I go from one blog to another I sometimes lose track of those that would qualify as worthy recipients of this award. But with all apologies to those I may overlook, and as a way of spreading the opportunity for greater involvement in the blogging community, I nominate the following:
The 10 Questions to be answered (and perhaps to inspire new blog posts), should they choose to accept this award are:
1. If you had no restrictions, omn what one thing would you choose to focus your time and attention? Why?
2. What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do?
3. What is one thing you have done to make a difference for someone?
4. What one talent or personal trait are you most proud of?
5. Why do you blog?
6. What one thing do you know that you wish the whole world would understand or accept?
7. What one thing have you never done but would love to do some day?
8. Who do you like the most and why?
9. What one possession would you most hate to lose? (This is a material thing, not a person or a relationship, because we cannot truly possess them.)
10. What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning?
To Those I Have Nominated: Accept the challenge if you would like and spread the word to the blogging community.